Okay, I admit I’ve been single for a while, so how can I know anything about spicing up anyone’s love life? Hopefully we learn things in times of absence or loss. Being single is a really great way to get to know yourself and others, especially before getting involved with one person again. Here’s what I think I’ve learned about how to spice up your love life:
- Keep your female or male friends. Don’t give it all up for one person. You will be your most confident, happy self that way and that is sexy and appealing
- Listen to your partner. Avoid getting trapped into the day-to-day stuff.
- If you have kids, get a babysitter often enough to allow yourselves adult time. You’ll love it and your kids will love it too.
- Have a positive outlook. If you are happy your partner will be happy too.
- Enjoy sex. If this is a problem area, don’t give up. Talk through it. Work through it. Experiment and be open to changing things up. Besides the loving factor, sex should be fun and adventurous.
- Love. A lot
Special is good. Here are some ideas for date nights or having quality times with your partner.
- Create a romantic evening at home – candlelit dinner, soft music so you can still talk (ramp it up if you want to dance!). Enjoy good food and wine that should all most definitely lead to what’s to come.
- Dinner and a movie out. Sometimes simple is best and coming home is better.
- Have a massage night for both of you. Set the stage with candles, massage oils, alluring music, heating pads, feathers, ice…
- Leave messages around the house. Depending on your situation, these messages can be as romantic or seductive as you want.
- Buy or make your partner something just for them once in a while. Surprises are a wonderful thing.
- Love. A lot.
That’s all for this week, but this is definitely a conversation to continue. We welcome your comments and additions – your spicy pointers to add to this list. Feedback and new ideas are always a good thing.