Thanksgiving is approaching and while I try to express my thankfulness and gratitude to people around me as often as possible, here are some of the top reasons I’m grateful for being a (romance novels) writer.
- I am Thankful for having a tool to channel all my passion and imagination.
- I am Thankful because I get to live a thousand lives through the characters in my books. And because my readers get to live these lives as well.
- I am Thankful because I am never alone – there is always an imaginary friend, a character from my book, who wants to have a conversation with me.
- I am Thankful because I can work all day in my pyjamas.
- I am Thankful because I can write from an office, terrace, beach or a snowed-in mountain.
- I am Thankful for being a romance novel writer because everyone thinks that the love scenes in my books are inspired my rich love life. Maybe they are, maybe they are not. 😉
- I am Thankful for chilled wine and guacamole, which are always a great conversation starter.
- I am Thankful for my dog Pippa. Even though I was the one who rescued her from the shelter, she is the one who daily rescues me with refreshing walks and warm cuddles.
- I am Thankful for my honest readers. Their feedback is always invaluable and appreciated.
- I am Thankful for love, laughter, music, family, friends, writing community and safety – I am thankful for all the things we all often take for granted.
In the end, I don’t want to forget; as somebody once said:
“Today, I’m thankful that I’m not a turkey.”
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!